We get frequent calls for wedding planning support. We are always happy to help, but find that, quite often, our clients are surpised to have learned from us or from other consultants just how much it can cost to hire a professional event planner to help plan a wedding.
We do our best to help each client work out a plan that fits best for them — whether that’s hiring us for an introductory consultation, a full planning contract or helping them find great planning resources for a more cost-effective “do-it-yourself” approach. Not surprisingly, many couples choose the latter once they find out about resources like these:
* Did you know that many event spaces rented for ceremonies and/or receptions may come with an event coordinator or planner who will help you book the caterer and make sure that the room is set up properly? This is especially true at hotels, conference centers, and other speciality locations.
* Have you seen The Essential Guide for Lesbian & Gay Weddings? It’s an amazing resource. You might also like The Complete Guide for Gay & Lesbian Weddings, by KC David, founder of GayWeddings.com.
* Did you know that there are great online resources to help you coordinate your information? For planning software, we recommend My Gay Wedding Companion Software. For collecting RSVPs or communicating information and photos to guests, we recommend Wedding On-Line or SitePride.
* You might also find our Wedding Checklist to be helpful as you consider what accessories you might need in planning for your Big Day.
* And, when it comes time to work on the wording for your wedding invitation, we recommend you check the recommendations assembled by OutVite, one of our favorite stationery lines.
Still looking for answers? Feel free to contact us! We’d love to hear from you!